Medicaid Applications and Planning
Applying for Medicaid does not have to be a stressful process. Mr. Abraham has years of experience successfully and smoothly assisting clients through the planning and application process.
Proper representation includes the development and implementation of Medical Assistance plans to preserve assets.
When appropriate, the plans include the completion and filing of the Medical Assistance application.
Representation will then continue up to when the applicant is granted eligibility into Maryland’s Medical Assistance program. When necessary, Medical Assistance applications may result in litigation in the form of an appeal.
Denial of Medical Assistance (Medicaid) benefits often does not signify the end of an application process. Applications are commonly denied for improper reasons. Applicants have the right to appeal a denial when they believe the rejection is incorrect. Additionally, the local Department of Social Services does not always process Medical Assistance applications in a timely manner. When this occurs, an appeal can be filed to preserve an application.
When necessary, Mr. Abraham also files appeals as a component of continuing Medicaid representation. On occasion, he is retained for the sole purpose of filing appeals on the denial of Medicaid.
- Navigating the Medicaid Minefield What you don’t know about Medicaid can cost you and your loved ones. Here are some common traps that can be avoided with planning and help of a knowledgeable elder law attorney.
- Immediate Annuities To qualify for Medicaid, a Federal program wherein the government pays a portion if not all of an elderly patient’s long-term care costs, an applicant cannot own more than $2,500 in countable assets.
- Paying Medicare Online What was once a lengthy monthly chore has been simplified into a task that can be accomplished with a few clicks of a mouse.
- Life Estate Deeds Advantages & Disadvantages Today, it is possible to re-title the ownership of many assets by adding a beneficiary. When the asset is real property, for example your house, this occurs through the use of a life estate deed.
- The Highs and Lows of the Home Health Care Sector As baby boomers approach and live past retirement age it is no surprise that significant demands will be placed on every industry associated with caring for the elderly.
- Nursing Home Admission Agreements Nursing homes require a written “Admissions Agreement.” This is a complex and binding contract typically signed before admission occurs.