A personalized approach to protect our clients and their possessions.
Each client is unique. They have different goals, own assets worth different amounts, and have varying levels of comfort.
At Abraham & Bauer, we take an individualistic approach to Asset Preservation. Mr. Abraham works to educate each client about the different strategies that can be implemented to protect themselves and their possessions.
There are various approaches to preserving assets from being negatively impacted by tax matters including federal and Maryland estate taxes.
Mr. Abraham tailors every asset preservation plan to accommodate the situation and goals of each individual client.
- Look Out for Social Security ScamsSocial Security fraud or scams have become big business for those engaged in this illicit activity. Here are some tips to help protect yourself or loved ones.
- Taxes & Your InheritanceA skilled estate planner can utilize trusts, properly timed gifts, insurance policies, and donations to minimize the taxes owed.
- Potential Pitfall of Lending Parents MoneyMost people want to help their parents as they age. However, and in addition to potential Medicaid penalties, there is a large risk many adult children do not consider when loaning their parents large sums for temporary financial support: the state may take the money instead of allowing them to be paid back.
- Failing to Plan for Unforeseen Events Can Lead to DisasterDisasters cannot be predicted but, they occur in everyday life. The question you must ask yourself is, are your affairs in order should you experience a disastrous event?
- Common Medicare ScamsDespite the best efforts of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, recipients of both programs are frequently the targets of various identity theft schemes. Let’s review some important tips to be aware of to protect seniors.
- Social Security Disability (SSDI) vs. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)According to the Social Security Administration, almost 1 in 3 young adults will require benefits before they reach retirement age.
- An Overview of the Maryland Estate TaxLike its Federal Counterpart, the Maryland Estate Tax (MET) is not collected from every estate passing assets through probate.
- Other New Tax ProvisionsThis article summarizes several other changes made to the tax code in its first major overhaul since 1986.
- IRS Changes for 2018 TaxesThe Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced important changes of tax-related provisions for 2018. Here’s a summary.
- An Overview of Social SecurityCurrently, Social Security provides benefits to survivors, and certain disabled persons, as well as the elderly and helps keep almost 20% of all Americans older than 64 above the government-defined poverty line.
Use our personalized approach to Asset Preservation.
Each client has different goals, own assets worth different amounts, and have varying levels of comfort. Mr. Abraham tailors every asset preservation plan to accommodate the situation and goals of each individual client.